New York Infected Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome at the Official Forum of New York Infected Roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Remy_Smith
Project Leader
Project Leader
Remy_Smith

Roleplay Rules Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Rules   Roleplay Rules EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 17:43

What is Roleplay ?
Roleplay is playing a role. A roleplay server is a server where you act as a person. You can choose what you want to Roleplay. If in real life you are a calm person, you can choose to create yourself a crazy Roleplay person to be the contrary of yourself. There are many great things about the roleplay. Roleplaying a character is really fun, because it give you the opportunity to think about what your character would do in differents situations.

In Character (IC)
In Character is everything related to your character. Using normal chat is In Character. If you wanna talk about your new PS3, you must use /b for Out of Character (OOC). Everything you type In Character (IC) is considered as if it was your character talking. Don't forget to create a unique character, original. Give your character a personality.

Out Of Character (OOC)
Out of Character is everything NOT related to your character, OR everything that needs explanations. To talk in Out Of Character chat, you need to use /b command in game. A good example of Out Of Character question would be, You are Roleplaying a frisk on someone as a cop, but you are not sure if the person has a wallet, you can use /b and ask Do you have a wallet in character ? If the person say Yes, you can continue your RP and Roleplay find the wallet. If the person say no, you would simply continue roleplaying without the wallet of the person.

Non-Roleplay (NON-RP)
The Non-Roleplay term is used when someone is doing things that he wouldn’t done in real life. For example, bunnyhoping. Bunnyhoping is pressing your space bar all the time to jump forward, making you go faster then a normal running player. This is NON-RP because in real life, you don’t jump each time to go faster then a person. When you are arrested and cuffed with your arms in your back, it is non-roleplay to start running away. It is also Non-Rp to uncuff yourself, see powergaming section.

Also if you are being attacked or infected with rp, do not just shoot them to end it. Rp back, If a zombie is rp biting you ((Very rare)) then dont back off and shoot them or it is considered non rp.

Metagaming
Metagaming is using Out Of Character (Real Life if you prefer) informations that you received for a In Character advantage. Classic example is, you see someone named Joseph_Racf walking on your left, and you say Hey Joseph ! You can’t do that because you are checking his name over his head, and in real life, people don’t have names over their head. What you need to do is something like, Hey sir, What’s your name ? If he tell you Jack, you will call him Jack. Don’t start being like, Hey I think your name is not Jack… that would be wrong.
Also metagaming is when you use the blips on the map to locate another player. A nice example would be if you are running from a UC member and you take cover behind a crate when they don't see you, if they find you without rping the find it would be metagaming. You have to pretend like there is no map there unless someone describes there position. Examples : /r Help i'm over at **Describes location**. Or /r Meet me at the **Location**. In those cases you can use your map.

Powergaming
Powergaming is playing without giving a chance to the other players to react. A good example of this would be if you are in an Rp Fist fight, lets say you /me falls down and stands throwing an uppercut punch. Powergaming would be if the other person says /me dodges the punch and punches you in the face.
To avoid powergaming give the other playing some time to react to your most recent /me 5 - 7 seconds is good enough, depending on how fast of a typer. Please do not go around /me kicks you then knees you in the face. Use more than 1 /me to avoid powergame.

RP-To-Win
Roleplay To Win is Roleplaying and always winning. For example, you are being tackled by 2 persons and you do * Corteli rolls on the side evading the 2 persons.
And then you just run away… This is Powergaming but also RP-To-Win. Many people RP-To-Win to avoid situations that they don’t like. RP-To-Win go in the Powergaming section. If you are tied and you do * Corteli grabs his knife and cuts the rope and runs away, this is considered as powergaming, but its a kind of RP-To-Win, wich is technically winning the RP situation to get yourself out of trouble.

Revenge Killing (RK)
Revenge Killing is when you get killed by someone or by a group of persons and that after, the only thing that you have in mind is to kill them back. When you get killed by someone, your short term memory is wiped. You totally forget about the person or the persons. It means you canno't come back where the person(s) killed you and try to kill that person back. If you invent a reason to kill the person(s) it's also revenge killing. For example, Bob kill you with a deagle for some reason, well if you spawn and runs to him and say Hey man, get away this is my turf then start to punch him, this is also Revenge Killing. Finally, when you get killed, just don't go back at the person(s) who killed you to look for trouble again.

DM (Deathmatch)
DMing or Deathmatching is the action to kill players without a reason. You canno’t Roleplay to be a psychopath and to kill everyone. This is Deathmatch and it is NOT authorized. There are many forms of DM. Punching random people IS DMing. Looking for beef with everyone just to punch them IS DMing.

OOC Insults
OOC insults is when you insult someone outside your character context. Example, Jack and Bob are talking. Jack say /b You are a fucking piece of shit Bob. Bob can screenshot this and report Jack on the forums for OOC insults. Note that Your dumb is NOT considered as OOC insult. Also, saying in /b your character look ugly or gay is not a ooc insult, you are simply talking about the character look of the player, not about the player himself. If somebody calls you anything that is Offensive to you, consult other players about it. If they feel that could be offensive to others, SS it and report them on the forums. Calling someone a Chicken, pussy, or coward is OOC insults. Also known as Flame.
Back to top Go down
https://newyorkinfected.forumotion.com

Roleplay Rules
Page 1 of 1